Monday, October 5, 2009

Sous le ciel de Paris marchent les amoureux.

It's been such a long time since I've updated my blog, and given how EVERYTHING is in Dutch, I momentarily forgot how to post new entries. Scary.

Anyhow! I was in gay Paree this weekend and it made me realize three things: 1) I am an idiot for choosing not to study in Paris; 2) Everyone, even the bedraggled gypsies, is fabulous in Paris; 3) Even the FRENCH are MORE EFFICIENT AND FRIENDLIER than the Dutch. That just goes to show you how despicable the Dutch are. I bear such intense dislike for everything Dutch, it's outrageous. And mind you, they have EARNED my distaste.

One (out of MANY) example: The other day, it was raining and the rubber cover on my handle-bar randomly slipped off, causing me to lose my balance and plop off of my bike. I gloriously crashed onto the floor in front of about 5 Dutch people, mostly male. Not a SINGLE ONE got up to see or even ask if I was okay. Les GROSSES ESPECES DE SALAUDS! Subsequent to my crash, I suffered a concussion, was almost run over by a tram, and had a stationary bicycle fall onto me, causing me to fall again. AND later that evening, a scooter ran over my friend Dave and the driver didn't even look back to see if he was even alive. I don't even know where to begin with these people. It is a cold and unfriendly nation, too busy defending and succoring some of the worst war criminals of the past two decades to be bothered coming to the aid of someone so trivial as a tourist.

I don't know how my wonderful Paris entry turned into a rant about the Dutch. But I promise to write back WITH pictures, capturing some of the best moments from the weekend!

A bientot!
O.

No comments:

Post a Comment